Today, about a third of all internet traffic is from a mobile device and this figure is set to increase by 50% by the year 2014! So, with this is mind shouldn’t you ensure that your website can be viewed by a mobile device or else you could end up missing out on valuable leads or sales and potential customers?
The majority of websites are designed to be viewed on a computer screen. However, when the website is viewed on a mobile device it is often slow to load, hard to view and navigate and ultimately it delivers a negative and often frustrating experience to users.
A mobile website on the other hand, has been specially designed to be viewed on mobile devices and displays text, data, images and video in a user-friendly format. Mobile websites deliver an overall improved user experience, and allow you to engage the user with advanced, mobile specific features such as click-to-call or location-based mapping. They are faster to download and are recognised by search engines such as Google, which will increase your overall SEO performance.
Did you know?
- Smartphone internet usage will surpass computer internet usage by 2014
- 79% of businesses still don’t have a mobile optimised website
- 95% of mobile searches are local, so if your business doesn’t have a mobile optimised site you are missing out on customers that are looking for your business
- 88% of mobile users will take action to call or visit a business that they find on their mobile
- 74% of smartphone users will make a purchase based on a mobile search
- 81% of smartphone users prefer a mobile optimised site
Your website can be costing you customers!
A mobile website design delivers an optimised view of your existing website and brand to deliver a better browsing experience for your mobile. This means that potential customers are more likely to stay on your website rather than go elsewhere.
At a time when the majority of your customers will be using mobile devices to access the internet and your website, it has never been more important to make your site mobile-friendly.